Dr. Powers loves giving his patients more reasons to smile. He is passionate about providing high-quality orthodontic care to his patients in a comfortable and positive environment. He is a strong proponent of patient education and empowerment, working hand-in-hand with patients to achieve their treatment goals. Michael is also always learning and staying abreast of emerging technologies and treatment methodologies to best treat his patients.
- Dr. Powers attended the University of Maryland, College Park and completed his undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering.
- He then went on to attend the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in Baltimore for his dental degree.
- He continued his education at the University of Colorado where he received his specialty training in orthodontics.
- He then successfully became board-certified through the American Board of Orthodontics.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontics
- American Board of Orthodontics (Diplomate)
- Maryland State Dental Association
Dr. Powers grew up in Silver Spring, MD where he attended James H. Blake High School. He currently lives in Rockville, MD with his wife Tiffany who is a nonprofit consultant at Accenture. Outside of the office, he enjoys snowboarding, rock climbing, and hiking. He is also a big fan of the University of Maryland Men’s Basketball team and holds season tickets. Go Terps!