Coronavirus News: Our commitment to our orthodontic family
As of 5/7 we have been cleared to resume regular appointments in our offices! While this is great news we want to also notify you of the many changes that we have implemented to ensure the safety of all patients and staff. We will be calling you ahead of your appointment to discuss how these changes will affect your visit.
- When you arrive at our office we will greet you outside (at your car in Hagerstown and at the door in Frederick) to do a health screening and check you in for your appointment.
- We ask that only the appointed patient enters the office so that we can minimize risk of exposure as we continually try to keep a social distance in our office space. Parents and siblings will be asked to stay in your car’s ‘waiting room’.
- Everyone entering the office will be asked to wear a mask.
- We are minimizing aerosols in the clinic by removing brushing stations and designating specific chairs for use of aerosol generating procedures. We ask that you brush your teeth prior to arriving for your visit.
- We are reducing appointments scheduled at the same time and staggering appointment start times to minimize risk of exposure. This will result in fewer appointments scheduled in the office per day.
- To account for in-office appointment changes we will be extending clinic hours through the summer.
- We are offering virtual appointments as we are able and will discuss this option as we reach out to you individually. This is an excellent option for retainer and certain aligner progress visits as well as elastic check and pre-treatment observation visits.
- We have installed new centralized air purification systems in both offices. Check out the REME-Halo systems (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCFF9Uj3Zk) as well installing stand-along HEPA filters.
- We have added mechanical barriers between chairs in our Frederick office as well as around the designated aerosol generating chairs.
- Staff have been onboarded with updated CDC and OSHA requirements so that they are comfortable operating in our new normal. We also have an appointed Compliance Coordinator who will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Nothing is more important to us than your safety and we are doing everything we can to ensure the well-being of our patients and employees as we navigate this together. Despite things being different this is one constant that we will continue to promise you.